CASCADE, the “Car Scanner Device Emulator”, allows you to use the same diagnostic software that runs on high-end “Hi-Scan Pro” and “Carman Scan I” car scanners to diagnose your car, with only your PC or notebook computer and a very affordable generic USB diagnostic interface.
Extract software, run CASCADE.exe. For navigation use keyboard.
– O.S.: Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7
– CPU: Pentium/Athlon 1 GHz or higher
– RAM: 256 MB of system memory
– Hard Drive: 50 MB of available space
– A generic K/L interface with FTDI USB-to-serial chip (for vehicles with K/L line diagnostics), or
A K+CAN 1.4 interface with FTDI USB-to-serial chip (for both vehicles with K/L line and CAN bus diagnostics).
– FTDI chip drivers for Windows, which can be downloaded from FTDI’s website (http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm).
Please note: In the lower right corner of the software is a K-Line field and below the contact number of the 16-pin OBD2 connector.
When the diagnostic software starts, the contact that CarmanScan flips to the K line will light up green.
And since any line of USB KL-Line or USB K + CAN / K + DCAN to the line is always displayed on the 7th contact, it will be necessary to toggle the line to the desired contact with the line.
Test on NISSAN X-TRAIL 2000